I offer consultation services that are specific to parenting and the parent-child relationship. Regardless of how you are becoming or have become a parent – through birthing, adopting, fostering, acquiring guardianship – it is no easy task. These days, it seems everyone has an opinion, a recipe, a quick solution to parenting. Sometimes these strategies can help in the short term or can be useful for one piece of the puzzle, but I rely on a different approach. My goal is to help you stay curious and explore what may be happening for your child and between you and your child. I want to empower YOU as the expert. This will lead to a much richer experience for you and your child and will lead to lasting confidence in all stages of parenting.
I offer consultation services in a way that meets you where you are. Each situation is as unique as the parent, child, and family, so let’s figure out together what feels most useful. I am happy to come to the home, school, somewhere else in the community, etc. Please call or email with more questions about parent consultation.
Parent consultation may be a good fit for you if you…
- Are having a hard time knowing how to handle certain behaviors from your child
- Are told by a teacher or caregiver that your child is exhibiting challenging behaviors
- Would like to explore your own childhood as it relates to your parenting
- Have differing parenting styles from your partner
- Do not enjoy and/or are not feeling connected to your child
- Want specific support during pregnancy, during postpartum, and surrounding your birth story
- Want support as a foster and/or adoptive parent
- Are grieving the loss of a child
- Are grieving the loss of a family member
- Experience a sudden change in the family (such as death, career shift, divorce, moving, etc.)
- Have a child with special needs
- Want to better understand your child’s social, emotional, or physical development